Sunday, February 15, 2009
We had a fun Valentine's Day. Chris had two of her friends from church Chloe and Nina over Friday night for a sleepover. They didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but had fun. We spent the day sledding on our homemade snow hill, ice skating etc. John and I enjoyed an afternoon movie while the kids played at our neighbors. It was "The Man in the Moon" a 1991 1960's flick with Reese Witherspoon- cute movie and Reese was just a Teenager. We all exchanged our Valentines and of course got lots of candy- Yum! John and I got a babysitter that evening and headed to So Portland for dinner at Romanos Macaroni Grill- We got there and there was a 1.5 hour wait!! We had to do something contructive with that time, so went to the Circuit City going out of Business Sale! In fact we bought a new TV as ours died recently. We got a great deal!!! John and I had a nice dinner just chatting away with no interruptions. He had a free cake coupon that Romanos emailed John for his B-day (which is the 19th) so we couldn't resist. John begged the waitress not to do the singing thing, but she didn't listen! I brought our babysitter Jaanna home and she wouldn't let me pay her - "No Kadi, I want to do charity tonight!". She is such an Awesome Babysitter- the kids just love her as do we! All in all it was a great Valentines Day!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
This year we celebrated Christine's Birthday a little differently. We planned a short trip to NH so she and John could be in a Karate Tournament. We decided that even though her Birthday fell on Sunday, we would celebrate it on Friday because how cool would it be to have a family party at a hotel??? John and I also unfortunately both had to work at different times on her actually Birthday (although we did manage to get another B-day cake in together, this time from scratch). So we swam in the Hotel Pool, ordered in Chinese, had Boston Creme B-day cake (Christine's choice) and Chris opened her gifts. It ended up being lots of fun!
These are the top 10 things we love about Christine(in no particular order):
1. She's a great Big sister and advice giver.
2. She is Musically talented and plays the Sax and Clarinet really well.
3. She loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ and because of that makes pretty good decisions.
4.She's pretty smart and was the only girl in her class to make High Honors this Quarter.
5. She loves to read and asked for books for her Birthday.
6. She has a "No hurry" attitude (although it sometimes drives her parents crazy)
7. She loves Birds and can identify quite a few of them.
8. When she puts her mind to it, she can be a huge help around the house.
9. She has progressed really well in Karate, even though it hasn't always come easy to her.
10. All in all she is just an Awesome daughter- We love you Christine!!!!