Thursday, January 29, 2009

CPR on the last remaining Gerbil!

So it's about 2:20am and I am working, actually taking a little break at this time, so thought I'd update the Blog a little bit. Last evening, John went to put a empty Paper Towel roll into Mackenzie's (Christine's Gerbil)cage and found her to be cold, but still alive and barely moving. We think maybe she has had a stroke because she isn't really moving one of her legs. Christine is bound and determined to save her Gerbil's life so she was doing CPR on it before I left for work. She was so excited, because it actually revived for a little while. Last I talked to John at 10:20pm, the Gerbil is still alive, but still very sick...... I tried talking John into possibly putting it out of its misery but he's such an animal lover, he can't do it. All I can say is that I really hope that Mackenzie has passed on to a better life before I get home in the morning. She lived a good life, but now it's time for her to join her sister (Jasmin)....... I'm wondering how do we have a proper Burial for Mackenzie when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground?????? Any suggestions?????