Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Dryer Saga!




So my dryer of eleven years died! We had a Repair man come out and paid him $75. He found a pen and under wire stuck in the Blower and said the problem "should be fixed". Well, low and behold, the problem wasn't fixed and so I called him back. He said "I was afraid of that, it must be your motor". So I went to good ole Sears and had dreams of buying the Fancy dancy Front loader Washer and Dryer, but realized that our budget wouldn't allow that. I settled for basically the same exact dryer I had, it's just a little bigger. The Dryer was suppose to be delivered a week ago this past Tuesday, however the truck broke down so they had to reschedule till this past TUESDAY! At any rate, the delivery men hardly spoke/read English and called at least 4 times to get our address because it wasn't showing up on their GPS. They went to my neighbors house initially and were just about ready to unload MY dryer when I went out to the end of my driveway screaming , "this is the right place"!
So then they came and asked if I have the "part", that is the electrical cord. I said we could just take off the one from my old dryer. They told me they couldn't install the dryer or switch the cord because of Liability reasons and said I'd need to get my "son or husband to do it". As you can imagine I was astounded as I have a family of 5 and NEED a working Dryer. I begged and pleaded and was able to convince the Deliveryman to show ME how to switch the cords! I am soooo thankful for my Deliveryman! We now have a fully functioning Dryer and I am caught up on Laundry (for once in my Life). And so goes the Dryer SAGA.

1 comment:

Brad and Rebecca said...

Oh my heavens...what an ordeal! Hey new blog for ya... Emmalee set one up.

markandemmaleesentourage.blogspot.com/