Friday, January 18, 2008

A Shopping Experience to Remember!

Yesterday after we went Ice Skating, I took all 3 girls Grocery Shopping. This is something I try to avoid at all costs, but we really needed groceries. We started in the Produce section and the girls somehow pushed the big kids car cart into a stand of crushed garlic jars! Yes indeed a couple jars broke- you can just imagine the utter embarassment I felt, not to mention the stench. After I apologized immensely to the Produce lady, she was extremely nice, saying, "Tonight was a slow night anyway, I needed something to do". Nearer the end of our shopping experience Caroline grabbed a Pickle Jar off the shelf and asked, "Mom can we get these pickes". I looked at them and saw that they were just plain old Kosher Dills and said "Sure". At the top of her lungs Caroline repiled, "Thanks Mom, your the Best". This somewhat made up for the Crushed Garlic incident. There are definitely Hills and Vallies in Motherhood!

2 comments:

Brad and Rebecca said...

Um, yeah, this post made me snort laughing!!! I can just picture the whole thing going down... however- i thought that you were going to say Caroline dropped the jar of pickles!!! That would smell about as strong as the garlic. Oh man....what a riot. Yeah- I'm laughing now- but I'll get mine soon enough!

Brad and Rebecca said...

Thanks! Recognize the overalls? They are from you! As well as the shirt! I don't know what I would do without them!