Friday, June 6, 2008

Car Wash on a Rainy Day ?






I had scheduled a car wash/bake sale fundraiser to help purchase Tee Shirts for our Tae Kwon Do Class. I scheduled it for today over a week ago when the extended forecast showed the weather being hot, 85 degrees with sun. Well the forecast changed and it was raining most of the day. I had several parents including my wife who thought maybe I should cancel because of the inclement weather. I called the local NBS affiliate channel 6 and spoke to their meteorologist. He told me that I would be safe as the rain was breaking up. I stuck to my guns and about fifteen of us washed cars and sold cookies, brownies, and lemonade. My goal for the day to make at least $50.00. in the three hour period. We were so successful raising $353.00 in two in a half hours on a gloomy day. It's amazing what you can do when you keep the faith. He always comes through for you!

No comments: