Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our Yard Sale!



So Saturday I decided would be a great day for a Yard Sale. After All, we tend to be collectors and really needed to get rid of lots of stuff. In fact I had a whole corner in my basement which had been piling up for years, that was designated to be sold at a Yard Sale. So I woke up at 6am and started hauling stuff out to be transported to the end of our subdivision. There's an open space that we used there because our house is kind of hidden away. I sold stuff for really cheap. At one point both John and I were there and someone came up with a brand new smoke detector asking us how much we wanted, John exclaimed $3, I looked at him in disbelief and said, "oh no, $1" . The buyer compromised and gave us $2. By the end of the yard sale, I was just giving stuff away. Anything that was left over, I hauled to Good Will. The girls had fun selling Lemonade and Sweet Treats. So, how much do you think I made??????? Maybe $350+ like my hubby's Tae Kwon Do class made at their 2.5 hour car wash?!!!!! No, I made about $90! Yes that's right, $90 for a good 12 hours of WORK. At any rate I got rid of a ton of stuff and I am $90 richer.

1 comment:

Brad and Rebecca said...

I would have TOTALLY bought that chariot for bikes!!! Love those! Man, I wish we lived closer!