Sunday, May 4, 2008

Topsham Ward - Change in the Air!







Last Sunday to the surprise of many people at our Church in Topsham the Stake Presidency was there in full force. They released our whole Bishopric, Bishop John Malcolm and his Counselors Rich Taylor and Jim Conners. They also released the Bishop's Executive Secretary Bruce Martson. President Quinn presided and announced that Jim Conners had been called as our new Bishop and Rodney Gagnon and Bradford Smith as his counselors. Bishop Conners new Executive Secretary is Rick Wong. The whole change thing was somewhat expected but still shocking. Bishop Malcolm had been our Bishop since October of 2000. To say that a few of us got a wee bit emotional is a understatement. We really loved our Bishop, he is such a great guy. Bishop Conners is a great man with an incredible family. I really look forward to working with him. I am one of the few remnants of the old Bishopric still remaining as the Finance/Membership Clerk. I will write a few follow-up posts on my thoughts on our former Bishopric and newly called Bishopric. They are all good men with exception of Rich Taylor! Just kidding, no I am not, yes I am! The Winthrop Ward has gained a great new High Counselor in Brother John Malcolm. You better watch out Robb, Meredith, Bryan, Jared, and Amy I have put him onto you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI john,
This is Jo wallace from the Small Point Club and the aweful dog fight. I was searching for some history on here and found your blog. How interesting. I was shocked to see some very old faces of the LDS church that i had gone to back in the 90's. I know John Quinn very well. Some of the other names you mentioned sounded familiar as well. When I saw the 1st picture i knew it was the Topsham Ward. That is the room John Quinn and some others anoited my sone with oil and we had prayer,he was very sick and the drs didnt know what was wrong with him. Well in a week he was better and never had the problem again. Such a small world isnt it? Tell John I said hi when you see him again. See you around the BURG