Sunday, May 4, 2008

That's commitment!


At the beginning of my Saturday Tae Kwon Do class I asked all of the students if any one was sick or injured which I customarily do for safety reasons. One boy announced that he had a cast on his left arm because he had broken it. This same boy had participated in our test on April, 19th even though he was not testing. I remember him telling me on that day that he had a sore arm because he had slept on it wrong the wrong way. Well the above photo is from the April, 19th test of that same boy doing a knife hand block, with his yet to be discovered fractured arm. This boy is so focused, respectful, and committed to his training. It turned out the week before the test he had fallen at home and hurt his arm. I am happy to report that he will be testing for his yellow belt in June. I am hoping his arm will be fully healed by then! I am amazed when I see kids who don't give up but give it all they got! There are great kids in this world and he is one of them!

No comments: